Sunday, August 2, 2015

How I do my Bulletin Boards!!! #2getherWeAreBetter



Hello everyone. Welcome to my first OFFICIAL post! I'm so excited to be linking up with Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd and Lucky Little Learners for the #2getherWeAreBetter BULLETIN BOARDS linky! In this post I will take you into my classroom and show you my Bulletin Boards. CAUTION: They are NOT complete yet. I'll add content once my students arrive and get their little hands busy LOL. Hope you enjoy! 


Room Inspiration: These colors and patterns are what inspired the color scheme for my room this year. The blue is very calming and the yellow helps to stimulate the brain. They work very well together. The black and white patterns break up the colors a little bit. I think this makes for a great classroom color scheme and learning environment. 


When you enter my room, the first thing you see is my HUMONGOUS Teacher Desk (wish I could get rid of it & have an extra Small Group table). You also see my Promethean Board (not pictured).  I wanted something to grab the students attention and immediately make them feel a sense of belonging. The front of my desk is now our "We Are Family" board. During Open House I will take a picture of each student with their family. Ill add those pictures to the board. I'll also be adding a small rug and pillows in front of it. The students will be able to come to this area anytime they miss home! I've been doing this for a few years now and it's always a big success.  
                                   

This "Wow Work" board is in the Writing Center. It will display student writing. I hate that the paper is wrinkled, but you won't see the wrinkles once I put the laminated sheets of paper on it. Each sheet of paper will have a clothespin on it. It'll be easy interchanging their work throughout the year. I'll be changing the title of this board to "Wow Writing".  


This "Dynamic DATA" board is in the Computer Center. It will be turned into a big Bar Graph. It will display my students growth on assessments throughout the year. The Bar Graph will include each content area, number of students assessed and their progress. Their names will not be listed, for confidentiality reasons. 


This "Wow Work" board is in the Dramatic Play Center. It will be set up just like the "Wow Writing" board. It'll display student work samples.


This is the "Seasons" board. It's in the Library/Listening Center. During each season, we will do studies/investigations. The students will read stories about that season and create pictures to represent the season. They'll  be displayed here. The books will be added to this center before the kiddos arrive. 


This "Concept Board" is beside the Library/Listening Center. It will display our units, objectives, standards and I Can Statements. Student work samples will also be displayed with each objective and I Can Statement. This board will be changing weekly and monthly, depending on the unit and activity. I'll be adding a big check mark at the end of the title on this board. :)


This board is in the Art Center. It will be titled "Amazing Art". The students will be making various art activities throughout the year. Those activities will be displayed here. 


These cabinets will be our "Word Wall". You can barely see the letters on this picture.  As we learn new words, they'll be added under each letter. Environmental prints will also be under each letter.


This is the continued "Word Wall".
   


This is the "Birthdays Board". I got this product from Ashley (That's So Second Grade) on Teachers Pay Teachers. You should check out her store! I'll add a photo to each month. The photo will be a picture of the students whose birthday is in that month. They'll be holding a sign with their birth date on it. Look over the messy counter LOL.
                           

Thanks for checking out my Bulletin Boards. I'll be posting a Classroom Reveal soon, once my room if complete. Make sure you visit some of the other teachers blogs who are a part of this linky. :)





14 comments:

  1. I love the colors in your room!! Also I like how you labeled each board!! Wishing you a fantastic school year!

    Melanie
    Momma with a Teaching Mission

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Melanie. I'm glad you were able to stop by. Its my first time using this color scheming and I'm liking it already. Hope you have a great year!

    Mr. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mr. B.,

    Love the idea of the rug and the family board on the outside of your desk! Super cute!! I like that there is also a cohesion to your colors. It will make their work and things you put up stand out. I'm a former PreK teacher (now 2nd grade teacher) and know how hard it is to keep up with those little ones. They're at such a neat age though. Congrats on your first post!
    All the best,
    Laura K. @2nd_Bugs
    Ms. Pretzel's 2nd Grade Bugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Pretzel. Yes, they can be a handful, but I enjoy it. Glad you were able to stop by. Have a great year!

      Mr. B

      Delete
  4. This is my same color scheme this year! I swear I have all the same stuff! Thanks so much for sharing!! I love the WOW work idea!

    -Jessica
    The Whimsical Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWESOME! Great minds think alike! Can't wait to see yours.

      Mr. B

      Delete
  5. Love it Mr. B!!! Can't wait to see room reveal. Just wish I had my bulletin boards done. Hoping to start working on my classroom this week! Love love the data board!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. I'm excited to get started on the Classroom Reveal also. I'm still getting everything together. It'll be my first time doing the DATA Board, but I'm excited about it.I'll be looking out for your Classroom Reveal.

      Mr. B

      Delete
  6. Mr. B. thanks for sharing. I'm going to have to borrow that We are Family idea for my teacher desk. Congrats on your first official post!

    Crystal
    Texas Teaching Gal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Crystal. You should definitely do it. It'll be a hit. Thanks for stopping by.

      Mr. B

      Delete
  7. Wow! I love your colors & all of your bulletin boards. Can't wait to see your finished room. Brings back a lot of memories of getting my classroom ready. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs. Franklin! I'm excited to show the reveal. It's all coming together.

      Mr. B

      Delete
  8. I love the color choices and unified theme of your bulletin boards. They look fantastic! I'm moving toward that this year since I'm switching classrooms. Thanks for the providing the credit for the birthday board. It's exactly what I was looking for.

    I hope you have a GREAT year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane! I'm sure you're excited about getting a new room ready. Glad you liked the color scheme. The birthday board was perfect for my space. Hope it works well for you also. Have a great year!

      Mr. B

      Delete